Have you considered taking advantage of video conferencing at your company? You may be surprised to learn just how affordable it is to use video conferencing to bring your staff members together. If you thought you didn't have the technological capabilities to have a video conference in which all of your employees can participate, think again.
The following are six reasons why you should take advantage of video conferencing capabilities at your company to improve communication across your entire staff and with the outside world as well:
- Conferences can be carried out at any time and possibly without advance notice- A video conference doesn't have to take place within business hours or at a particular location. If you've got a fairly small company of well connected staff members, you may be able to call a video conference at any time and put a group meeting together quickly. This is important when problems come up in your company that you need to recover come quickly in order to successfully compete with the competition. A conference in-person requires all of your employees to be together in one place at one time, but no such constraints apply to video conferences.
- There is no need for employees and others to travel in order to attend- Travel expenses can really add up if you have to send your staff members out to different locations where they consult with vendors, partners, clients, and other entities. Switch to video conferencing and you'll find that your employees can easily tune in from a hotel room when they're out on the road. This is very convenient also if you've got a lot of remote workers located in different parts of the world or telecommuting from the comfort of their own homes.
- It's perfect for telecommuting- These days, a lot of companies are taking advantages of the cost saving effects of telecommuting. When your employees telecommute, you don't have to pay the added overhead of providing them with a workspace. You also don't have to cover maintenance costs of keeping an office and of keeping your computer network connected for an enormously large number of different employees. Any company with a large portion of their workforce telecommuting absolutely needs to grasp the potentials of video conferencing.
- It's easy to educate employees on a large scale- Properly educating and training employees is a key to success. Fortunately, it's easier than ever before thanks to video conferencing technology. Video conferencing technology can allow you to record conferences so that they can be provided to new employees in the future as part of your training regime. This way, you only have to run through a training procedure once and an infinite number of future employees can benefit from it.
- Workers can be more productive- With video conferencing, staff members can participate from their own desks. They can multitask and get additional work done at the same time that they're tuning in to a conference. This can increase your overall company productivity and help employees who aren't the focus of a particular conference to stay posted on what's going on elsewhere in the company without the distraction of having to attend the conference in person.